|View from the balcony of our house. Cerro de La Muerte just beyond the clouds|
The price of the entire property is $279,000. We are open to financing with about 20% down over 10 or so years.
Here's a rough summary (more details can be found at the "Our Finca Sale" page, which you can access just under the blog header photo above):
- Located at 4,000 ft. elevation just north of San Isidro de El General. The air is always fresh and cool and the views are outstanding
- Walking distance to Matasanos village and the larger towns of San Ramón Sur and San Ramón Norte.
- Fresh, cold, clean water comes from a spring flowing right out of the Las Piedras granite batholith, part of which crosses the property
- Rural tranquility with kind, friendly, honest Tico neighbors and one gringo couple. Nearest house is 1/4 mile away. Fresh goat milk, cow milk, cheese, sour cream, meat and fish can be purchased from neighbors.
- The house is 2,000 sq. ft. with two bedrooms, a second story family room, 2 bathrooms, 3 patios and double carport. Built in 2009. Finished in tropical woodwork and has lots of big windows to let in the view and light
- The home is decorated inside and outside with permanent mosaics by Tamara
- A 700 sq. ft. workshop is below the house with 300 sq. ft. secured and wire for shop equipment and welder
- Both the house and shop have a fixed phone line. The house has 2Mb DSL and good cellular service.
- It's 3 km to the Interamericana highway, 15 mins. to San Isidro and less than an hour's drive to Dominical and pristine beaches.
- Dozens of various fruit trees and lumber trees have been planted in recent years as well as construction-grade bamboo, coffee, papayas and bananas, all organic
- There is a permanent vivero just below the house where you can grow veggies
About 2/3rds of the finca is secondary forest as are each of the suggested lots. Each lot has a well-seasoned building plantel and two lesser-developed building sites. These are described in more detail on the Our Finca Sale page.
We're fine to sit tight in our lovely home if we sell one or two of the vacant lots. If we sell just the house and its lot, we'll build again on one of the remaining lots. If we sell it all, we'll locate elsewhere in Valle General, but on a smaller property.
If you want to discuss anything about this sale, just look up our Contact Us info at the top of the page.
Keep in mind, too, that if you are going to build before arriving permanently in Costa Rica, Tamara has a degree in architecture and I have 15 years experience in residential construction. We can design your house and oversee its construction for you.