Monday, January 28, 2013

A Small Sample of Costa Rican Orchids in our Yard

Rain of Gold orchid
Lluvia de Oro (Rain of Gold) - one of my favorites
Since summer started here in Costa Rica, some of Tamara's many orchids have started blooming. The "Rain of Gold" is my personal favorite.

Some of them are from friends; some she's found on the side of the road up in the mountains. I'm sorry that I don't know the names of most of them, but each one's beauty speaks well on its own.


wild yellow orchid in costa rica
red and white orchid just opening

2 comments:

  1. I love the flowers plus yellow is one my favorite colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that over 3,000 varieties of orchids are grown in Costa Rica?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! - Casey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...